IRCTC Account Login ID: To avoid long lines at counters and relieve congestion at stations, Indian Railways launched the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) in 1999. Electronic ticketing was introduced as its most important characteristic among others. Any citizen who wishes to book an electronic ticket, make reservations, cancel reservations, book instant tickets (tatkal) or verify the PNR (passenger name record) number can do so by creating an account on the IRCTC website.
Here is how you can create an account on the IRCTC website:
Creating an account on the IRCTC site is absolutely free. Users must click on the “register” option in order to create an IRCTC account. Subsequently, you need to fill out the form which asks for information such as name, address, email id, cell phone number, etc.
* Enter the username. The username must be between 4 and 10 characters long. Choose a security question and its answer.
* Fill in your name (first name, last name), sex, marital status, profession, date of birth.
* Carefully fill in a valid e-mail – ID and mobile phone number as well as a password of your choice.
* Enter your full address including Postal Identity Number (PIN)
* Enter the captcha text from the image> Click the Submit button. Verify the account.
* Login details including username and password will be sent to your registered email id.
* Check the mobile number you provided during registration and enter the verification code (OTP). After receiving the code, click Submit at the bottom of the form.
Following the above instructions will result in the successful creation of your IRCTC account, following which you will be able to benefit from the services offered by the website.