If you’re having trouble skipping the login screen in Pokemon GO, you’re not alone. Here are all the fixes we found for the issue.
When it works, Pokemon GO is a fantastic mobile gaming experience. Niantic has come a long way since the rocky but viral 2016 launch, that’s for sure.
Now we have (almost) 7 Generations of Pokémon, Community Days, Legendary Raid Battles, and more to come!
But for some players, the game gradually becomes unplayable over time. Currently, disabled Pokemon GO fans find the game impossible.
And it seems those using Android are even having trouble getting past the Pokemon GO login screen.
Read more: Pokemon GO fans say Incense is ‘worthless’ after Nerf
Pokemon GO: How to Fix Stuck on Loading Screen / Google Unable to Authenticate
If you can’t access Pokemon GO, here are some things you should try to fix the “Google can’t authenticate” issue.
As a disclaimer, no solution seems to be 100% effective in bringing players back into mobile gaming. However, until Niantic fixes the Android version of the Pokemon AR title, here are some fixes that seem to work for some fans:
- First, the easiest and most common solution players find is to manually close Pokemon GO and reopen it. However, this is a poor solution, as some users report having to use it dozens of times to enter the game just once.
- When entering the game, you should also try disabling Adventure Sync, which would impact performance in recent updates. Turning it off seems to help connect for some reason.
- Although it’s a pain, turning on airplane mode, closing the app, turning off airplane mode, and reopening Pokemon GO sometimes works, but not 100% of the time.
If none of these fixes work, it’s time to try a more complex solution.
Read more: Legendary Pokemon GO Mega Raids revealed in Datamine
More complex fixes
- Then users should try both clearing the cache and reinstalling the Pokemon GO app.
- Android users can install a third-party app called Shelter that lets you create a work profile where you can install Pokemon GO a second time. Apparently this will give you a working version of the game, inside your second profile.
Did any of these fixes work for you? Do you have any others to share? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Meanwhile, there’s been another major issue with Pokemon GO’s Sustainability Week lately.
And we also get new leaks for a Pokemon GO Furret Walk challenge – just hope Android users can participate!